This page provides an overview of each of the LIXI Working Groups.
- Application Working Group The Application working group has developed the standard for home loan applications. The parties to the application standard are lenders and loan writers (including the lender’s staff and third party brokers). This working group developed the standard for residential mortgage ... (Read more)
- Back Channel Working Group The Back Channel working group developed the initial standard for electronic status and progress messages between lenders and loan-writers. Examples of such messages include: ‘application received’; ‘conditional approval’; and ‘valuation ordered’. The functionality provided by the Back Channel standard was ... (Read more)
- Commissions Working Group The focus of the Commissions working group is commissions payable by lenders to third party brokers (including up front and trail commissions). The parties to this standard are lenders and third party brokers. The Commissions standard has been developed but is ... (Read more)
- Document Sharing Working Group Background There is a significant amount of work going on around the world in relation to sharing documents in an intelligent way between computer systems or applications. In order to maximise the utility of these services, participants need to agree on ... (Read more)
- Implementation Working Group The Implementation working group develops recommendations for implementing LIXI standards by providing guidelines for sending and receiving messages between parties. The standard focuses on how the messages are sent and received – for example: • the gateway used to send and ... (Read more)
- Mortgage Fulfillment Working Group The Mortgage Fulfillment Working Group has been established to accept requests and recommendations for extensions to the LIXI standards for interconnection between lenders and outsource partners that provide related assessment, logistics, settlement, post-settlement servicing and discharge services that are not ... (Read more)
- NCCP Working Group NCCP deals with that portion of the home loan application directly related to responsible lending and the work eventuates in changes to LIXI Application Standard. This working group has re-examined the National Consumer Credit Protection requirements in relation to standardizing ... (Read more)
- Products Working Group The Products working group was formed in 2007 to develop standards relating to information about products, such as rates and fees. The lenders provide this information to third party brokers and to service providers who have developed lending tools such ... (Read more)
- Settlements Working Group The Settlement working group defines standards for instructions between Lender and Solicitor or Settlement Agent. It defines a full data set that enables a lender to replace its existing manual instruction process (whether by fax, email or mail) with an ... (Read more)
- Title Insurance Working Group The standard developed by the Title Insurance working group relates to the process by which the lender requests and receives title insurance, to insure the title or legal ownership of a property for the lender. The parties to this standard ... (Read more)
- Title Search Working Group Although title searches are routinely requested in some manner electronically (albeit without a standard ‘request’ format), they are delivered to the end users either as a pdf, an image, or at best as a text file. The title data is ... (Read more)
- Vocabulary Working Group The Vocabulary working group is responsible for developing technical requirements and technical standards for all working groups. This group therefore works with all other working groups to ensure that consistency of syntax and content is maintained across all LIXI standards ... (Read more)
How to Initiate a New LIXI Working Group
A Working Group is established when there is sufficient 'noise' and momentum to necessitate that a standard be developed. When there are substantial requirements enough to warrant a new initiative, and sufficient industry interest and momentum to support one, a LIXI Member can contact the LIXI Technical Director (refer LIXI home page) and request the initiation of a Working Group.
A Working Group must be proposed by a LIXI Member and seconded by another LIXI Member. Working Group delegates must belong or be an employee of an organisation which is a LIXI Member.